Partners & Associates
The Centre will work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders:
- Government departments and the public service;
- Semi-state bodies;
- Industry and business organisations;
- Professionals and practitioners working in the
- Academic, accrediting and professional bodies;
- Disability groups;
- Older persons;
- The general public.
The Centre's work will focus on:
- The built and external environment (streets, spaces,etc.);
- Products and services provided in those places;
- Systems including information and communications technology (ICT).
The CEUD was established under the Disability Act 2005 and as part of the National Disability Strategy. The CEUDis part of the National Disability Authority which is the lead state agency on disability issues, providing independent expert advice to Government on policy and practice. Ireland is the first country in the world to place Universal Design on a statutory footing.