2020 Universal Design Grand Challenge Student Awards Finalists
After an absolutely record level of entries for this year Universal Design Grand Challenge, we are thrilled to announce this year’s finalists.
The Universal Design Grand Challenge 2020 Student Awards Ceremony will take on 11th November at 6:30pm.
Our international panel of judges had a very challenging task. From Japan to the USA and everywhere in between, our judges took time to review and assess all of the applications. They were deeply impressed by the calibre of applications in this year’s competition.
The finalists that will go forward to the Universal Design Grand Challenge National Final in November 2020 will be:
- Lydia Rose Morgan, Cork Institute of Technology, Wandesford Quay Intergenerational Community Hub
- Rebecca White, TU Dublin, 'Project' a conceptual redesign of a Victorian Substation in Newmarket, Dublin
- Tatiana Shevel, TU Dublin, Break The Circle: CHQ Study Room
- Hannah Dempsey and Arianna Carroll,TU Dublin, SoundCheck
- Kate McSweeny, Sulla Montes, Mark Etzelmueller, Svetlana Cvetic, Jakub Slowinski, Ultan Ó Móráin, Ellie Conheady, Ebin Benny and Morgan Cobban, Trinity College Dublin, Korta: Tracking Appl for Diabetic & Hypertensive Patients
- Vicki Anderson, IADT, SuperValu Assistance App
Products & Services:
- Niamh Lynch, Maynooth University, Chameleon Rain Jacket
- Jack Canavan, NCAD, Puck
- Stephen Moroney, Patricia O' Sullivan, Evan Enright, Kieran Pyke, Darragh Bateman, Stephen Lynch, Peadar Keane, Hannah Ahern and Andrew Clarke, CIT, Safesource: Self-cleaning Water Trough
It’s amazing to see so many innovative students across the country incorporating Universal Design principles into their work. Thanks to the lecturers and tutors in colleges all over the country introducing students to the concept of Universal Design, teaching students how to embed universal design into their thinking. Thank you to everyone who took part and to those who are working hard to make Universal Design part of everyday life!