4th November 2011
NDA annual Conference
Universal Design Challenge 2011
Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore, Co Offaly
The Centre for Excellence in Universal Design (CEUD) at the National Disability Authority (NDA) in November 2011 had two key events, in one afternoon, for free:
- Flash Conference on Universal Design for Irish Education - 6 brief presentations on new projects advancing UD for education in Ireland
- Universal Design Challenge 2011 – Judging and Awards. Help judge team designs from the 2 day Universal Design Challenge 2011. The theme for 2011 is Everyday Consumer Products
Keynote on design by Brian Stephens, Director of Design Partners
When: 13:00 – 17:00 Friday, 4th November 2011
Where: Tullamore Court Hotel, Tullamore, Co Offaly. Only 90 minutes from Dublin.
Who should attend:
- Key representatives of design education in Ireland
- 2nd and 3rd level design related course lecturers and students
- Professional designers (architects, products, services, technology)
- Anyone interested in design
Why attend: Be at the front of learning about research and standards projects that are developing the foundations for promoting Universal Design (UD) in Irish education. Irish graduates educated in UD will improve products, services and environments so that they can be used, understood and enjoyed by all people regardless of their age, size, abilities or disabilities. The Flash Conference will show you how UD is being introduced at 2nd level, being integrated at 3rd level and in CPD. The UD Challenge 2011 will demonstrate UD being applied by designers and students in a fun and informative competition.