Content - Section 3 (of 6)
Content is king it is what makes your site special and attractive for visitors.
Your content should always be clear, consistent and well presented, to ensure that people at all levels of experience and ability can benefit from it.
The web is a very different medium from print and people interact with it differently. Content must be presented in a way that permits people to rapidly absorb and understand the information on offer. In essence:
- Content should be specifically tailored for the web;
- Write concisely and clearly:
- Even more so than you would for print.
- Prioritise important information.
- Enhance presentation for quick scanning.
- Do not rely on other applications and plugins:
- Use HTML by default if possible.
In this section:
- DES 3.1 - Write specifically for the web - use clear and simple language, provide 'metadata'
- DES 3.2 - Prioritise information, maximise readability and scanning
- DES 3.3 - Provide accessible alternatives - don't rely on pdf/ word
Some of this will be familiar but review the information and implement it - good 'web appropriate' content is essential.