Titles and Descriptions
Well-written titles and descriptions help members of the public find your pages using search engines and, once found, encourage them to visit your site.
To write good titles and descriptions:
- Pick out two or three key phrases that are the most distinctive and typical of your page.
- Use key phrases and terms that a member of the public is most likely to use.
- Select a key phrase for your title (fewer than 70 characters).
- Include key phrases, or variations of them, at the start.
- Be factual, and accurately reflect the content.
- Be less than 156 characters long, including spaces.
Digital and Web Based Communication Systems and Services
Content Quality Checklist
- Assign a designated manager with responsibility for content.
- Put in place a content review process before information is placed on your website.