CP 4.7 – Specify the language of the content
Specify the language that your content is written in so that screen readers know how to pronounce it.
Specifying languages in PowerPoint documents
- Select the shapes you want to specify a language for;
- Under the “Tools” menu, the “Language” option will provide a list of languages from which you can choose the appropriate one.
An example of good practice
“Aujourd’hui”, the French word for “today”, with the correct language selected:
An example of bad practice
“Aujourd’hui”, the French word for “today”, with the language still set to English (UK):
- 3.1.1 Language of Page (A)
- 3.1.2 Language of Parts (AA)
EN 301 549 v 2.1.2
- 220.127.116.11 Language of Page
- 18.104.22.168 Language of Parts