29th November 2012
NDA annual Conference
INVITATION: Universal Design for Digital Document Creation and Publication
Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2
9:15am - 29th November 2012
1:00pm - 29th November 2012
The Centre for Excellence in Universal Design (CEUD) at the National Disability Authority (NDA) invites you to attend a free seminar on "Universal Design for Digital Document Creation and Publication".
This practical half-day seminar will examine the current state-of-the-art of accessible document creation and publication. It will focus on the process of document creation and publication, looking at the most commonly used formats and practices in the public and educational sector and what can be done to ensure these formats are usable and accessible.
When: 9:15-13:00 Thursday, 29th November, 2012
Where: Camden Court Hotel, Camden Street, Dublin 2.
9:15-9:35: Opening comments: Peter McKevitt (Chairperson, NDA),Dónal Rice (Senior Design Advisor,CEUD)
9:35-10:45: Document workflow and creation 1
- A Universal Design process for document creation - Co-Presented by Dónal Rice (Senior Design Advisor, CEUD) and Alan Dalton (Access Officer and Accessibility Development Advisor, NDA)
- Creating accessible source document in MS Word - Terry Landers, (Microsoft)
- Importance of workflow Charlie Pike (The Paciello Group)
10:45-11:00: Questions and Answers
11:15-12:15 : Document workflow and creation 2
- Supporting and checking the accessibility in the document conversion process - Kiran Kaja (Adobe)
- Panel discussion: Working with contractors - asking for (and getting) what you want Dara Stokes (catalysto), Charlie Pike (TPG), Kiran Kaja (Adobe)
12:15-12:45: Keynote presentation: Inclusive Publishing in the Educational Environment Bernhard Heinser (DAISY consortium)
12:45-1:00: Closing remarks